Monday, January 9, 2012

Banana oatmeal choc. chip cookies


Okay, so I lied in my previous post. I never got around to making half the things I said I was going to make. Whoops. But now that the holiday season is over and most people have New Year's resolutions, I thought I would make a "healthy" cookie. I'll admit, I suck at keeping any resolutions, so this year I didn't set any. That way I feel no guilt or failure if/when I don't keep it. It's a win win situation :) Now with this cookie, it has a different texture than your normal everyday treat. It has a spongy texture and doesn't spread when baked. It almost tastes healthy, but in a good way. I used white chocolate chips, because that's all I had. And I'll be honest, I don't think I will make these with semi-sweet. I liked the little hint of sweetness the white chocolate gave it. But, if your not a lover of the white chocolate, then by all means, go ahead and dump in your favorite kind of chip...chocolate chip that is. Anyways, hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's and I hope you enjoy your semi-guilt-free cookie.

Ingredients
Makes approx. 2 dozen

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup evaporated can juice or raw sugar (plain old white sugar would work too)
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup banana pureed/mashed (1 medium-size banana)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 375.Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Next add the dry and wet ingredients together. The batter is a super thick and sticky so make sure you really incorporate all ingredients.


Scoop 1-2 inch sized cookie dough balls onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake for 9-11 minutes (10 minutes was perfect for me). Transfer to a cooling rack.

Adapted from Bethenny

No comments: