Monday, October 24, 2011

Oatmeal, peanut butter, white chocolate chip cookies


One word to describe these cookies...dangerous. These are seriously so addicting. I've made two batches in one week. I dare you to make some and not eat half a dozen by the end of the day. I'm telling you, it's not possible. Unless you have extreme will power, which I definitely do not have! Here's to adding 5 lbs in one week :)

Ingredients

1/2 cup( 1 stick) salted butter
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup of old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1-2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt together the butter and peanut butter. Pour into your mixing bowl and add in both sugars. Place in freezer for a few minutes to cool down. Once cooled, add in your egg and yolk, and vanilla. Add in your flour, oats and baking soda and mix until well combined. Lastly, add in your chocolate chips to your hearts desire. My husband dumped in the whole bag last time...waaaaaaaaay too many chips for my liking. I'd say a 1 1/2 cups is my preference.



Scoop cookie and place 1 inch sized balls on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes (10 minutes is perfect for me, slightly undercooked, but not raw) Let cool on sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Once cooled, indulge and don't feel guilty.


Credit for this amazing recipe goes to love veggies and yoga

No comments: