Friday, September 16, 2011

Banana, Zucchini Muffins/Bread


Have I mentioned before that I LOVE Fall time? Well I do. Especially because I think it makes baking so much more enjoyable. I don't know why? I must be the "chilly" weather that makes it so great.
I decided today, because it was pouring down rain, to make some sort of bread. I had originally wanted to make my sister's bread known as her "Whatever bread," see her post here, but I didn't have the right ingredients to make it. So then I pondered at what I could make with half the ingredients her recipe called for. And then I came up with a super original recipe. Banana, zucchini bread...because those were the only 2 fruits and veggies I had in the house. And to my dismay, it came out pretty good. I didn't add any chocolate chips and they came out a little "boring" without them, so do your taste buds a favor and add some.

Banana, Zucchini Muffins/Bread

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil of your choice (I prefer olive)
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
2 cups grated zucchini
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
2+ cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare bread pans or muffin pan by spraying non-stick cooking spray.
Combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Sift in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Once all ingredients are combined, add in grated zucchini, mashed bananas, and chocolate chips. Mix well. Pour into pans of your choice.

For muffins bake 20-25 minutes
For bread bake 40-45 minutes.

Bread will be done once tooth pick is inserted into center of bread and comes out clean.

4 comments:

Carly said...

You da bomb girl. And this looks delish. I love fall. Now if only this lame weather would cooperate.

Kelli said...

Yummy! Now if only Ace would chill for a quick second, stop crawling into dirt and trying to stick his fingers in outlets, I could find some time to bake!

Shaheen said...

The chilly weather certainly makes being in the warmth of the kitchen more appealing, and a onus is the baking smells.

Bree said...

Yum! Don't tell anyone, but I bet yours is better than mine. Normally is. Ok, so I'm waiting for your strawberry lemonade recipe and something with curry...in all of your spare time right???