Wednesday, September 14, 2011

{Crock pot} Chicken Taco Soup


My favorite time of the year has almost arrived. I am so excited for Fall to hit. The smell of football is in the air, along with giant pots filled with homemade soups. I love making soup when the leaves start to change colors and the temperature drop. There's just something so "homey" about it.
And because all of that is sort of happening now, the husband and I decided to whip out the crock pot and make some taco soup. The thing I love about a crock pot is that it does all of the work for you. Just dump in your ingredients and walk away. How easy is that? Pretty easy. Here is a quick recipe for shredded chicken taco soup.

Taco Soup

2 skinless chicken breasts
3 cups veggie or chicken stock
1 8oz can El Pato tomato sauce (or just regular tomato sauce)
1 10oz can tomatoes w/ green chilis
1 15oz can pinto or kidney beans, whichever you prefer
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups corn
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot, excluding the chicken breasts. Once all ingredients are mixed, add in chicken breasts. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Pull chicken out and grab two forks to start shredding it. Once chicken is shredded, dump it back into the crock pot. Continue to cook for another 2 hours on low before serving.

Serve with tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream, and/or shredded cheese.

Please don't judge my "photography." I'm still in the process of trying to figure it all out. It's very hard to do so when my picture taking coach (my sister) lives in another state :)

1 comment:

Bree said...

Ok, I am SO making this for dinner tomorrow. THANK YOU!!! I love crock pot recipes.

And your pics look great!!!